Friday 9 February 2024

Friday the 9th of February, 2024



Simply translate into English.  Suggested solutions at the bottom.  Please scroll down. Good luck!

Ich habe Lust auf Scholle und Pommes zum Abendessen heute Abend.  

Das ist eine gute Idee.  

Ich habe schon sehr lange keine Fish and Chips mehr gegessen.   

Wo sollen wir uns treffen?  

Bei dir oder bei mir?  

Treffen wir uns in der fish and chips shop. 

Dann können wir zu mir gehen.  

Soll ich helfen, den Tisch zu decken?  

Die Platzdeckchen sind in der Schublade.  

Welches ist dein Platz?  

Der am Kopfende des Tisches? 

Und der Hund? 

Hunde haben am Tisch nichts zu suchen.  

Ich habe gestern Abend deinen Hund gekickt. 

Das war böse.  

Es ist nicht deine Aufgabe, meinem Hund eine Lektion zu erteilen. 

Und es ist nicht deine Aufgabe, mich zu recht zu weisen.   

Wie auch immer, lass uns unsere Scholle und Pommes genießen. 

Kannst du mir bitte das Salz reichen?

I fancy plaice and chips for dinner this evening.  What a good idea.  I haven't had fish and chips for a very long time.  Where shall we meet?  Your place or mine?  Let's meet at the chipie. Then we can go to my place.  Shall I help lay the table?  The placemats are in the drawer.  Which is your place?  The one at the head of the table? And, the dog?  dogs have no place at the table.  I kicked your dog last night. That was bad.  It's not your place to teach my dog a lesson. And, it's not your job to  put me in my place.   Anyway, let's enjoy our plaice and chips. Can you pass the salt please? 

Short Story - My New Book

I went to the book shop last week. I went to buy a new book.  It worked.  I found a wonderful book. Papyrus by Irene Vallejo.  Papyrus tells the story of the written word from papyrus to books and much more as well.  A brilliant work in just 700 pages. I enjoyed this book very much.  It was easy to read and I couldn't put it down. You will enjoy it as well.

Letzte Woche war ich in einer Buchhandlung. Ich wollte ein neues Buch kaufen.  Es hat geklappt.  Ich habe ein wunderbares Buch gefunden. Papyrus von Irene Vallejo.  Papyrus erzählt die Geschichte des geschriebenen Wortes vom Papyrus bis zum Buch und noch viel mehr.  Ein brillantes Werk auf 700 Seiten. Ich habe dieses Buch sehr genossen.  Es war leicht zu lesen und ich konnte es nicht aus der Hand legen. Sie werden es auch genießen.

Short Easy Quiz

Is the statue of liberty in New York or Washington?

Where was the statue of liberty built?

What is the capital city of Australia?

What is the difference between African elephants and Indian elephants?

What was the British name for Zimbabwe?

What is the Hungarian name for Plattensee?

Do pigeons eat worms?


I hope you enjoyed this edition of English Warm-ups Plus. Thank you for clicking my way!  See you next week.




We are on Holiday!

Wir sind im Urlaub!  Die nächste Ausgabe von English Warm-ups erscheint am Donnerstag, den 23. Mai. Genießen Sie Ihr Pfingstfest.  Bis bald....